Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course- CANCELLED
Event created by Eric Loden
CANCELLED due to CCSC COVID-19 Closure.
Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course
Location: Clark County Shooting Complex Education Center. Drive in video.
08:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Classroom 0800-1100
- Lunch 1100-1200
- Range 1200-1700 (Renewal course only enroll here)
This class meets and exceeds all requirements set forth by the Nevada Sheriff and Chiefs Association to obtain a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit. (Additionally qualifies you for your Florida permit at no additional cost.) Contact us about obtaining a Utah State Permit
Do you need to renew your expiring CFP? Click here.
Time: Review the Course Calendar for date specific times
Classroom time: 3 hours
Lunch break: 1 hour (lunch is not provided) Map of food vendors in the area.
Range time: 5 hours $20 Range Fee for initial applicants
Location: Clark County Shooting Complex: Education Center
11357 N. Decatur Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada 89131
Requirements: Minimum age for attendance is 12 with guardian present. Must be 21 years or older to obtain applications for *Nevada*, and Florida permits. *Active or honorably discharged Military may be 18-20 to apply for Nevada permit.*
- 1 Handgun Semi-automatic, or Revolver (We strongly encourage you to come study with the weapon you plan on carrying for self-defense.) Rental Weapons Packages
- 2 Magazines or 2 speed-loaders for the weapon
- 100 rounds of ammunition for qualifying weapon
- A hat with brim
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Hearing protection (Electronic is advised) Rental Gear Packages
- 1 Holster View our Approved and Recommended Holster page
- 1 Magazine Pouch
- 1 Sturdy Belt
- Firearms safe handling and storage
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- Prohibited areas (Quick reference page, FAQ)
- Criminal and Civil liability and the aftermath of a shooting incident
- Basic tactics
- Situational awareness, De-escalation, and threat avoidance
- Loading/Unloading, Grip, Stance, Marksmanship, and Diagnostic techniques
- Concealed carry options and presentation methods
- Rules of Engagement (Legal and appropriate use of force in response to a violent threat)
- Defensive marksmanship (The balance between speed and accuracy)
- Survival Sequence (Surviving the initial encounter, and beyond)
- Malfunction clearances
To take the practice QUIZ and test your skills click here.
Application for Florida Permit Completion of this 8 hour firearms safety course is required to apply for Florida.
LVMPD CFP Application (New revision with updated fees 08/2019) (Remains valid for 1 year from course date)
The fees paid to LVMPD are as follows: (updated fee list can be found here) *Fees to LVMPD may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.
1. New Application -- $100.25
2. Renewal Application -- $65.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $80.25
4. Name Change -- $25.00
5. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
6. Additional Fingerprint Cards For Out Of State Applications $15.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional Card
**All courses are subject to cancellation if minimum attendance requirements are not met. All students will be notified of any cancellations as soon as possible. **
To view our Course reservation procedure, and Cancellation and Refund Policy please click here.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now