Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course
Event created by Eric Loden
Enroll Now! Space is limited
Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course 09:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- 0900-1200 Classroom
- 1200-1300 Lunch
- 1300-1800 Range
This class meets and exceeds all requirements set forth by the Nevada Sheriff and Chiefs Association to obtain a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit.
Requalify for your expiring CFP click here?
Times and Location: Check Course calendar for specific course times, and location based upon date.
Classroom time: 3-3.5 hours
Lunch break: 1 hour (lunch is not provided) Map of food vendors in the area.
Range time: 5 hours $20 Range Fee Course total $120
- 100 rounds of ammunition for qualifying weapon.
1 Gun (We strongly encourage you to come study with the weapon you plan on carrying for self-defense.) Rental Weapons Packages
- (Effective October 1st, 2013, pursuant to Senate Bill 76 applicants need only to qualify with one weapon in order to carry both semi-automatics and revolvers.)
- 2 Magazines/ or 2 speed-loaders for the gun
- A Hat with brim and wrap-around eye and hearing protection
- 1 Holster (View our Approved and Recommended Holster page)
- 1 Magazine Pouch
- 1 Sturdy Belt
- Firearms safe handling and storage
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- Prohibited areas (Quick reference page, FAQ)
- Criminal and Civil liability and the aftermath of a shooting incident
- Basic tactics
- Situational awareness, De-escalation, and threat avoidance
- Loading/Unloading, Grip, Stance, Marksmanship, and diagnostic techniques
- Concealed carry options and presentation methods
- Rules of Engagement (legal and appropriate use of force in response to a violent threat)
- Defensive marksmanship (the balance between speed and accuracy)
- Survival Sequence (surviving the initial encounter, and beyond)
- Malfunction clearances
To take the practice QUIZ and test your skills click here.
- Range Fee $20 paid to ADAPT
Minimum age for attendance is 12 with guardian present
- Applications issued to 20 and over (18-20 Active Duty or Former Military in good standing)
- Reservation rescheduling fee of $25 for failure to notify or failure to appear without 72hrs notice
Application for Florida Permit Completion of this 8 hour firearms safety course is required to apply for Florida.
LVMPD CFP Application (New revision with updated fees 09/14/2016)(Remains valid for 1 year from course date)
The fees paid to LVMPD are as follows: (updated fee list can be found here)
1. New Application -- $98.25
2. Renewal Application -- $63.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $78.25
4. Renewal Application (more than 120 days late) -- $98.25
5. Name Change -- $25.00
6. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
7. Additional Fingerprint Cards for Out Of State Applications $14.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional
*Fees to LVMPD may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.
Reciprocity - State Reciprocity laws change often, please follow the links below to find out where your permit will be honored.
**All courses are subject to cancellation if minimum attendance requirements are not met. All students will be notified of any cancellations as soon as possible. **
To view our Course reservation procedure, and Cancellation and Refund Policy please click here.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now