Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course CANCELLED
Event created by Eric Loden
CANCELLED due to CCSC COVID-19 Closure.
Enroll Now! Space is limited
Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course
Location: Clark County Shooting Complex Education Center. Drive in video.
09:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Classroom 0900-1200
- Lunch 1200-1300
- Range 1300-1800 (Renewal course only enroll here)
This class meets and exceeds all requirements set forth by the Nevada Sheriff and Chiefs Association to obtain a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit. (Additionally qualifies you for your Florida permit at no additional cost.) Contact us about obtaining a Utah State Permit
Do you need to renew your expiring CFP? Click here.
Time: Review the Course Calendar for date specific times
Classroom time: 3 hours
Lunch break: 1 hour (lunch is not provided) Map of food vendors in the area.
Range time: 5 hours $20 Range Fee for initial applicants
Location: Clark County Shooting Complex: Education Center
11357 N. Decatur Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada 89131
Requirements: Minimum age for attendance is 12 with guardian present. Must be 21 years or older to obtain applications for *Nevada*, and Florida permits. *Active or honorably discharged Military may be 18-20 to apply for Nevada permit.*
- 1 Handgun Semi-automatic, or Revolver (We strongly encourage you to come study with the weapon you plan on carrying for self-defense.) Rental Weapons Packages
- 2 Magazines or 2 speed-loaders for the weapon
- 100 rounds of ammunition for qualifying weapon
- A hat with brim
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Hearing protection (Electronic is advised) Rental Gear Packages
- 1 Holster View our Approved and Recommended Holster page
- 1 Magazine Pouch
- 1 Sturdy Belt
- Firearms safe handling and storage
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- Prohibited areas (Quick reference page, FAQ)
- Criminal and Civil liability and the aftermath of a shooting incident
- Basic tactics
- Situational awareness, De-escalation, and threat avoidance
- Loading/Unloading, Grip, Stance, Marksmanship, and Diagnostic techniques
- Concealed carry options and presentation methods
- Rules of Engagement (Legal and appropriate use of force in response to a violent threat)
- Defensive marksmanship (The balance between speed and accuracy)
- Survival Sequence (Surviving the initial encounter, and beyond)
- Malfunction clearances
To take the practice QUIZ and test your skills click here.
Application for Florida Permit Completion of this 8 hour firearms safety course is required to apply for Florida.
LVMPD CFP Application (New revision with updated fees 08/2019) (Remains valid for 1 year from course date)
The fees paid to LVMPD are as follows: (updated fee list can be found here) *Fees to LVMPD may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.
1. New Application -- $100.25
2. Renewal Application -- $65.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $80.25
4. Name Change -- $25.00
5. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
6. Additional Fingerprint Cards For Out Of State Applications $15.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional Card
**All courses are subject to cancellation if minimum attendance requirements are not met. All students will be notified of any cancellations as soon as possible. **
To view our Course reservation procedure, and Cancellation and Refund Policy please click here.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now