About This File
The standards target was created to gauge your performance first thing in your training and at the end. We don't get to warm up in real life so this is shot cold, meaning no warm up. Suggested distance is 5 meters. As with anything, once you have gotten good at it go ahead and move back to 7 or even 10 if you can. If you miss, you fail, so be accountable for your rounds. 9 seconds or faster is passing. Ensure progress in your training. Getting complacent or comfortable keeps us stagnant, always strive to get better.
- From the holstered position, hands off of gun at sides, on signal draw and engage left or right 6" x 3.5" rectangle with 5 rounds.
- Transition to other rectangle and engage with 5 rounds.
- Perform slide lock reload and engage center circle with 3 rds.
- Perform drill with 10 rd magazine first, 3 rd magazine second, and have a full mag prepared to get gun back up after drill.
- Once drill is completed, ensure you perform another slide lock reload to get your gun up and scan your sector/threat area
The 2x2x2 Drill
This drill is performed on the 3"x5" box in the left grey box.
Fire 2 rounds from a concealed holster, both inside the box, in less than 2 seconds at 20 feet to pass.