Topic: Live Fire and Force on Force Shoot House
(Live Fire portion will proceed the Non-Lethal Force on Force portion. Training guns and ammunition will be provided by ADAPT, protective equipment is required.)
Prerequisites: You must have either attended a Primer, a Pistol Fundamentals, or our Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course prior to attendance to this Foundry Session. (Primer session precedes this Foundry session.)
Building upon our use of Cover and Concealment, and Shooting on the move sessions, we will be tasking the Students to employ good critical decision making as they are faced with multiple scenarios that can occur inside their home or other enclosed structures. From stumbling upon a robbery in progress to a violent home invasion and more
- Introduction to critical decision making as a "solo practitioner" or "buddy team tactics"
- Movement: Evasion, Escape, Engagement
- Communication: Verbal and non verbal. Challenge, Command, Control.
- Door and Hallway positions (Avoiding the fatal funnel)
- Limited penetration entry vs. Dynamic entry
- Designated sectors of fire
150-200 rounds (Primary)
Multiple weapons systems are allowed however the Force on Force component will consist of Pistol and Shotgun only.
Concealment garments are encouraged
Protective Equipment (We do not recommend heavy protective gear as it defeats the "pain penalty" and hit recognition that is required in some scenarios)
- Face shields
- Eye protection
- Long sleeve Turtleneck or T-Shirt
- Long pants
- Shoes with font coverage or boots (no open toe or tongueless slip ons)
- Groin protector (Males) If you do not have an athletic supporter you may bring garment to stuff
- Throat protector (Scarf or Shemagh)