Enroll Now! Space is limited
10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Classroom 100-1300
- Lunch 1300-1400
- Range 1400-1900
This 9 hour class meets all requirements set forth by the Nevada Sheriff and Chiefs Association to obtain a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit. (Course may be offered in split sessions, check course calendar.)
Classroom time: 3-4 hours
Range time: 4-5 hours (Attention: $20.00 additional "Range Fee" this may be added to your cart prior to checkout)
Lunch break: 1 hour (only applies to 9 hour session)(lunch is not provided)
Minimum age for course attendance is 12 years old, unless you have permission from a Faculty Member.
Permit applications will only be issued to those over the age of 20. (Course completion certificates are awarded to all individuals under 20. These certificates satisfy most requirements of a "firearms safety class" as they are conducted by a NRA Law Enforcement Instructor.)
Upon completion of the course your signed application that must be submitted to the Police Agency in your County is only valid for 1 year.
Eric Loden: NRA Instructor # 161586983 (Not a NRA approved course. However most states recognize this as a safety course as instructed by a NRA Instructor.)
If you would like to schedule private in home, or alternate location training for yourself or a group, please contact us at email@example.com
- Firearms safe handling and storage
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- Criminal and Civil liability and the aftermath of a shooting incident
- Basic tactics, Single hand firing and positions
- Situational awareness, De-escalation, and threat avoidance
- Loading/Unloading, Aiming and Firing Techniques
- Concealed carry and presentation methods
- Rules of Engagement (legal and appropriate use of force in response to a violent threat)
- Defensive marksmanship (the balance between speed and accuracy)
- Survival Sequence (surviving the initial encounter, and beyond)
Required Equipment needed:
- 100 rounds of ammunition for qualifying weapon.
- (Effective October 1st, 2013, pursuant to Senate Bill 76 applicants need only to qualify with one weapon in order to carry both semi-automatics and revolvers.)
[*]Magazines/speed-loaders for the gun [*]A Hat with brim and wrap-around eye and hearing protection
Additional Equipment recommended:
- 1 Holster
- 1 Magazine Pouch
- 1 Sturdy Belt
- 1 Gun
- 3 Magazines/speed-loaders for the gun
If you need to rent a weapon please follow this link. Rental Weapons Packages
Rental gear available. Please select your desired weapon type from the drop down menu on the next page once you have added the
item to your cart.
To view our Approved and Recommended Holster page click here.
To view our Recommend Course Gear page click here.
If you need to re-qualify for your currently expiring CFP and do not need to attend the full 8 hour course please follow this link. CFP Re-qualification Course
*Attention: Reservation Rescheduling Fee of $25.00 for any individual that DOES NOT provide us with 24 hour notice that they need to reschedule.*
**All courses are subject to cancellation if minimum attendance requirements are not met. All students will be notified of any cancellations as soon as possible.**
LVMPD CFP Application(New revision with updated fees 07/2014)
Nevada Approved Instructors List
Federal State and Local Laws page
If you are interested in seeing where your knowledge stands before taking the course, you can check yourself using our Quiz system. In order to take the Quiz on the NV CFP click Take Quiz
State Reciprocity Laws allow carrying in an additional 24 states with the Nevada permit (as of 11/07/2013) *Please check often as statues change.
To view our Course reservation procedure, and Cancellation and Refund Policy please click here.