Safety, Operation, Basic Marksmanship.
This 2 hour range meet our prerequisite, and prepares students to attend our ongoing Foundry training sessions. Students learn the basics of firearms safety and operation, listen to lectures, participate in group activities, and receive hands on and one-on-one instruction.
Training is focused towards weapons familiarization, and basic marksmanship.
- Range safety, Range Etiquette, Range Commands
- The Four Universal Safety Rules
- Appropriate Dry Practice procedures and exercises
- Grip, Stances: Isosceles and Weaver
- Presentation from the Holster to various ready positions. (Low Ready, Contact Ready, High Ready, Sul)
- Administrative Loading and Unloading
- Marksmanship: Balance of Speed vs. Accuracy
- Malfunction Clearances
- Reloading: Tactical and Emergency
- Survival Sequence