Enroll Now! Space is limited
Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit Course 09:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- 0900-1200 Classroom
- 1200-1300 Lunch
- 1300-1800 Range
This class meets and exceeds all requirements set forth by the Nevada Sheriff and Chiefs Association to obtain a Nevada Concealed Firearms Permit.
Requalify for your expiring CFP click here?
Times and Location: Check Course calendar for specific course times, and location based upon date.
Classroom time: 3-3.5 hours
Lunch break: 1 hour (lunch is not provided) Map of food vendors in the area.
Range time: 5 hours $20 Range Fee Course total $120
- 100 rounds of ammunition for qualifying weapon.
1 Gun (We strongly encourage you to come study with the weapon you plan on carrying for self-defense.) Rental Weapons Packages
- (Effective October 1st, 2013, pursuant to Senate Bill 76 applicants need only to qualify with one weapon in order to carry both semi-automatics and revolvers.)
- 2 Magazines/ or 2 speed-loaders for the gun
- A Hat with brim and wrap-around eye and hearing protection
- 1 Holster (View our Approved and Recommended Holster page)
- 1 Magazine Pouch
- 1 Sturdy Belt
- Firearms safe handling and storage
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- Prohibited areas (Quick reference page, FAQ)
- Criminal and Civil liability and the aftermath of a shooting incident
- Basic tactics
- Situational awareness, De-escalation, and threat avoidance
- Loading/Unloading, Grip, Stance, Marksmanship, and diagnostic techniques
- Concealed carry options and presentation methods
- Rules of Engagement (legal and appropriate use of force in response to a violent threat)
- Defensive marksmanship (the balance between speed and accuracy)
- Survival Sequence (surviving the initial encounter, and beyond)
- Malfunction clearances
- Range Fee $20 paid to ADAPT
Minimum age for attendance is 12 with guardian present
- Applications issued to 20 and over (18-20 Active Duty or Former Military in good standing)
- Reservation rescheduling fee of $25 for failure to notify or failure to appear without 72hrs notice
Application for Florida Permit Completion of this 8 hour firearms safety course is required to apply for Florida.
LVMPD CFP Application (New revision with updated fees 09/14/2016)(Remains valid for 1 year from course date)
The fees paid to LVMPD are as follows: (updated fee list can be found here)
1. New Application -- $98.25
2. Renewal Application -- $63.25
3. Late Renewal Application -- $78.25
4. Renewal Application (more than 120 days late) -- $98.25
5. Name Change -- $25.00
6. Duplicate Permit/Late Fee/Address Change -- $15.00
7. Additional Fingerprint Cards for Out Of State Applications $14.00 For The First Card, $2.00 For Each Additional
*Fees to LVMPD may be paid by credit/debit cards, cash, money order or cashier’s check.
Reciprocity - State Reciprocity laws change often, please follow the links below to find out where your permit will be honored.
**All courses are subject to cancellation if minimum attendance requirements are not met. All students will be notified of any cancellations as soon as possible. **